Substance Abuse Treatment Facility in Altadena, CA has an immediate openings for Resident Technicians (Part Time).
Job Title: Resident Technician (Part Time)
– Part Time Position (approx. 16 to 25 hours per week)
– Must be open to a flexible work schedule
– Must be willing to work weekends for the following shifts: Day shift (8a-5p); overnight/graveyard shiftt (12am – 8am); swing shift (3:30pm – midnight); also, must be available to fill in shifts for those who call out.
• Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
• Must present a negative TB Mantoux test
• Must have a up-to-date CPR and First Aid training certification
• Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance
• Must have an understanding of the Disease Concept of Chemical Dependency and co-occurring psychiatric disorders
• Thorough understanding of the value and importance of 12 Step Recovery in the treatment of Chemical Dependency preferred
• Working toward a career in Chemical Dependency treatment preferred duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure clients are abiding by the Program Rules
• Initial construction and maintenance of patient record or chart
• Perform weekly chart audit
• Ensure correct policies are followed for storage of medications (including prescription (Rx) and over the counter (OTC) medications)
• Monitor the intake of all medications and document on the “Medication Record” form in client’s file
• Answer and respond to incoming phone calls, routing calls, and taking and delivering messages when appropriate
• Record client’s whereabouts and activities on the “Safety Rounds” form every 1 hour.
• Monitor clients that have been identified as high risk every 15 minutes or as directed by Clinical Supervisor
• Monitor client’s use of telephone, or internet, to assure the use is in accordance with that authorized by the Primary Counselor or Clinical Supervisor
• Take and record vital signs in the client’s file daily, unless otherwise specified by Clinical Supervisor
• Record all pertinent information in communication logbook, keeping all staff informed of clients’ activities and facility needs
• Perform new client intakes by completing the intake packet to include obtaining client’s signatures on documents.
• Familiarize new clients with Ridgeview Ranch rules and guidelines, as well as, our schedule and provide them with a client handbook.
• Perform client discharge by following instructions on discharge sheet
• Transport clients to 12-step meetings and monitor/supervise them
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com