Reports To: Clinical Director & Program Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Counselor can be substance abuse and/or mental health practitioners and their focus is the delivery of crisis prevention, assessment, treatment, education, and discharge planning services. He or she will work directly with clients at our residential drug and alcohol treatment center in Altadena, CA as outlined below.
- Full-Time Position (approx. 40 hours per week)
- Must be open to a flexible work schedule
- Must be willing to work during the day shift (8am – 5:30pm) and flexible on weekends
- Must be experienced and certified by CADAC/NAADAC/CAADE/CCAPP
- Preferred experience working at a substance abuse treatment center
- Must read, write and speak English fluently
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Must present a negative TB Mantoux test (Company will pay for test to be run for employees upon hire)
- Must have a up-to-date CPR and First Aid training certification (Company will pay for training and test for employees upon hire)
- Valid driver’s license and current vehicle insurance
- An understanding of the Disease Concept of Chemical Dependency and co-occurring psychiatric disorders preferred
- Thorough understanding of the value and importance of 12 Step Recovery in the treatment of Chemical Dependency preferred
- Working toward a career in Chemical Dependency treatment preferred
- We require at least 2 years of continuous sobriety if working the program.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Admission and intake assistance, including assessment, and crisis intervention.
- Providing educational or training classes.
- Providing individual and/or group counseling services.
- Client process documentation, case management support, record review, and quality assurance.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please submit your employment application and resume with current contact information, salary requirements and cover letter (optional) by uploading these documents on our website or email to firstname.lastname@example.org; Attention: Ridgeview Ranch Human Resources Department. Human Resources will contact qualified candidates for an interview.
To apply for this job, fill out the Employment Application, CLICK HERE, and attach your resume where indicated in the application.